Light & Comfortable Button Up Shirt Dresses
The button up shirt dress brings variety and comfort to your wardrobe. A popular style of dress in the Grae size-inclusive clothing range, women’s shirt dresses are the ideal choice when cool comfort and layered looks are what’s needed.
What is a shirt dress?
Shirt dresses for women fall to knee length, midi and long length. The standout features are button-through fronts, collared necklines and long sleeve, short sleeve or ¾ sleeve lengths. They are a casual dress designed with the same features as women’s shirts, except longer. Casual shirt dresses are also easily styled for wearing to work and on days out.
Featuring a relaxed fit in sizes to fit and flatter every body, a print or plain shirt dress is definitely a repeat-wear option:
- A print shirt dress is the easiest wardrobe choice, needing little more than a gorgeous pair of sandals, slides or ankle boots and a matching bag to create effortless style.
- A plain shirt dress layers over contrasting colours in shorts, leggings, pants and tees. Enliven a plain shirt dress by accessorising with sunglasses and a hat, a statement bag and simple jewellery.
Shirt dresses are your go-to wardrobe pieces when you’re in the mood for something light, loose and easy to wear. Popular fabrics for relaxed-fit, flattering shirt dresses include viscose and cotton.
Where can you wear a shirt dress?
Available in a broad range of sizes, Grae shirt dresses boast fabulous versatility and effortless casual to smart-casual wearability. You’ll be reaching for shirt dresses when you’re heading out to:
- The beach: the short sleeve shirt dress becomes a beach dress when slipped on over swimwear.
- Shop or run errands: add a splash of colour to black, white or neutral pants, shorts and t-shirt outfits with a plain or print shirt dress worn unbuttoned.
- Relaxed social occasions: button up and accessorise with pretty sandals, a sunhat and matching bag for casual days out.
- Work: elevate the look with heels, statement jewellery and a belt to highlight your waist when styling your long sleeve shirt dress for work.
- Smart-casual occasions: transform a long shirt dress from casual to smart casual worn semi-open over black leggings and a plain top with a jacket, statement heels and accessories.
How long should a shirt dress be?
Shirt dresses come in a range of flattering lengths including above the knee and on the knee. You might also choose a midi shirt dress or a long shirt dress - both of which look great with heels for business attire, or worn half-buttoned over a fitted basic tee and leggings for smart casual day or night wear.
How does shirt dress sizing work?
Grae sizes for every body extend to plus size clothing, which of course includes plus size shirt dresses. While the fit is relaxed and blousy, your shirt dress size is still the same as your normal Grae dress size. So whatever size you are in a knee length dress, a knit dress or any other dress, you’ll be the same size in shirt dresses.
If you’re browsing Grae shirt dresses online or visiting your nearest Suzanne Grae store, you’ll find shirt dresses in sizes XXS to 3XL easy to find. To be sure of the right size for you when buying shirt dresses online, click on the shirt dresses you love and then select the ‘What’s My Size’ icon. This will show you how to measure yourself correctly. The Size Chart then shows you how to transfer those measurements into your perfect shirt dress size.