What is a Lightweight Jacket?
Lightweight jackets are thin jackets that are designed to see you through those days where the weather is in-between seasons. Known as transitional women’s outerwear, they strike the perfect balance between keeping you cosy on brisk days and cool on days when the weather starts to warm up.
A lightweight jacket can be long sleeved, ¾ sleeved or sleeveless with padding like a lightweight gilet for layering over t-shirts and shirts. From lightweight jean jackets and casual jackets for shopping, strolling and café catch-ups to lightweight blazers that are perfect for work and formal events, this wardrobe staple will make dressing between seasons a breeze.
Are Lightweight Jackets Warm?
Lighter than women’s coats and cooler than a puffer jacket or down jacket, the lightweight jacket is just warm enough to see you through the changing seasons in style and comfort. Suzanne Grae jackets vary in material so that you can choose a jacket that suits the weather and occasion. While our lyocell jean jackets are breathable and pair perfectly with sleeveless tops,
our nylon and polyester gilets trap more heat and can be layered over long sleeved tops and jumpers for more warmth if needed. Find them today in inclusive sizes to fit every woman.
How Do You Style a Lightweight Jacket?
Women’s lightweight jackets are great for layering and go with all of your other favourite wardrobe staples. You can:
- Unbutton a shirt jacket and wear it open over a singlet or tee paired with jeans or pants.
- Roll up the sleeves of a denim jacket and team it with shorts and a striped top for a relaxed, weekend look.
- Layer a gilet over a long sleeved top or crisp shirt with pants. If it’s still cold outside, try layering them over knitwear, cardigans or jumpers.
- A dress and lightweight vest is a winning combination when the weather starts to warm up and can be accessorised with jewellery.
- Pair a lightweight jean jacket with Grae Linen pants and tops for a look that’s put-together and casual.
What are the Best Lightweight Jackets?
The best lightweight jackets will ensure you’re prepared for whatever the weather has to throw at you. A waterproof jacket is essential for rainy days, while a hoodie keeps it casual and provides added protection for the head.
Warm lightweight jackets are best kept for chillier days while summer jackets are ultra-lightweight and breathable for layering over singlets with shorts and dresses. Shackets are ideal when it comes to layering and can add that extra layer of warmth over tops to see you through the winter-spring transition.
When Should You Wear a Lightweight Jacket?
Lightweight jackets work their magic on the days in between seasons where the weather can be unpredictable. This can be when winter is segueing into spring or hot days are giving way to cooler evenings. Slip on a lightweight jacket to:
- Brave the cold when the sun disappears
- Head out to dinner in the evening
- Rise early for a stroll on a crisp morning
- Go hiking in cooler climates
- Catch a movie or go shopping
You can buy jackets online when you shop at Suzanne Grae. Our women’s clothing comes in inclusive sizes for everybody with sizes ranging from 6-24. Check our FAQ’s for more information on inclusive sizing. Know someone who could benefit from wearing a lightweight jacket? Our gift cards are the perfect excuse to spoil a loved one and give recipients the freedom to choose their own style. Shop online today or use the Store Locator to find your nearest Suzanne Grae store.