Ethical Code of Conduct
At the Sussan Group, we take our responsibility to ensure that the goods we sell are manufactured ethically, seriously. We seek to work with suppliers and manufacturers who share our vision including to ensure workers in our end to end supply chain are respected.
As a means of addressing this challenge, the Sussan Group requests each supplier manufacturing goods for the Sussan Group to respect, understand and adhere to our Ethical Code of Conduct for manufacturers. We also require our Supplier partners to ensure the expectations of this Ethical Code of Conduct have been communicated and adhered to across all stages of production within the supply chain, including raw materials suppliers.
Our Ethical Code of Conduct contains a number of non-negotiable expectations and additional requirements that all those involved in the manufacture of our products must adhere to including:
- Employee’s Right - Employment must not be forced and all forms of indentured (including prison labour), bonded, involuntary, compulsory or uncompensated labour are prohibited.
- Child Labour - We align our expectations for the elimination of Child Labour to the ILO (International Labour Organisation) Conventions and require that no worker shall be employed at an age younger than 16 or the age as determined by local legislation, whichever is higher.
- Treatment in the work place - Physical abuse including any form of verbal, sexual or psychological harassment, harsh or inhumane treatment of workers by Suppliers or their representatives is strictly prohibited.
Suppliers must also commit to the following expectations of the Sussan Group Ethical Code of Conduct:
* Freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining are respected:
All workers must have the right to collectively bargain including union membership or have access to a Workers Representative Group within their place of employment.
* Working conditions are safe and hygienic:
All factories used for the Sussan Group must meet local and national safety laws and standards.
We expect that workers will receive all legal wages and benefits required by law or contract.
* Working hours are not excessive:
Suppliers must ensure workers working hours align to local labour law requirements and overtime is voluntary and within the legal limit as prescribed by local labour law.
* No discrimination is practised:
Workers must not suffer any form of harassment or discrimination in their employment on the basis of gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, nationality, political opinion, social group or ethnic origin.
* Regular employment is provided:
We expect workers will be given a regular income that allows workers to provide support and security to their family.
Suppliers must ensure they adhere to all legal requirements for the management of any waste generated or any hazardous chemicals used in the manufacturing of our products and that they adhere to the expectations of the Sussan Group Restricted Sub
* Animal Protection:
Our finished goods are not tested on animals and any animal product used in our products is sourced as a by-product of other industries.