VALUE-ADDING CARDIGANS FOR COSY STYLE
As a fresh day dawns or dusk begins to fall the easiest wardrobe item to reach for is a button up cardigan. Cotton blend cardigans and knitted cardigans in smooth or chunky knit designs are throw-in-your-bag fashion pieces ready to cosy-up whenever you need them.
CARDIGANS FOR YOU
Short sleeve, three quarter sleeve and long sleeve cardigans are knitted garments with front openings. Available in a range of designs, cardigans typically button up to the chest in a V or the neck in a scooped shape.
They usually have no collar and are often made from wool but also cotton/acrylic blends. Cardigans can offer winter warmth but can also be lightweight to ward off a chilly spring breeze.
Not only are cardigans incredibly practical when you need a tad more warmth, but they can also add a splash of colour and texture to your outfit.
Push up the sleeves or tie one across your shoulders for effortless style and an extra layer when you need it.
CARDIGAN OR A JACKET - THE CHOICE IS YOURS
The short answer is… both! Jackets and cardigans for women each have their place in every-body’s wardrobe, bringing different qualities to the table.
CARDIGAN VS JACKET
- Our multi-tasking cardigans fit into the transeasonal category but they also feature in winter line-ups and venture out during cooler summer days too.
- Made from knitted cotton or acrylic materials, cardigans are generally softer, snugglier and weigh less than jackets.
- Jackets may be made from a more structured fabric with less ability to conform to your body than a cardigan.
- Conversely, jackets may be thicker, warmer and more weather-proof than a cardigan!
- A jacket may be casual or formal in its design; a leisurely cardigan has a more laid-back look.
- Jackets may feature pockets, zips, collars, cuffs, lining and prominent stitching.
- Jackets can be worn over cardigans; cardigans aren’t worn over jackets.
HOW TO WEAR A CARDIGAN
Both Grae and grey cardigans can be paired with plain tops and shirts and look perfect with dresses, shorts, skirts and pants! Of course white cardigans, black cardigans and brightly coloured cardigans work just as well...
Warm cardigans like to buddy up with a number of wardrobe items including:
- Your favourite pair of denim jeans.
- Other natural fabrics.
- A pretty dress.
- A tee shirt and shorts.
- Short or long sleeved tops.
- Summer skirts.
Oversized cardigans and longline cardigans are a way to add warmth to your winter wardrobe. Pair these layering pieces with pants and boots and you have top-to-toe snuggly style!
Keep tabs on our new-in knitwear to discover cardigans with fresh new looks.
THE BENEFITS OF OWNING A CARDIGAN OR TWO!
Despite our hot climate you’ll find you can buy women’s cardigans Australia wide. They are the perfect throw-on-top item when a fresh sea breeze picks up and when you need a chunky knit cardigan to stay warm in cooler regions.
Cardigans for women are must-have items because:
- Knitwear is an inexpensive way to add warmth to your wardrobe.
- You can’t have too many layering pieces.
- Cardigans fit easily in your bag for a lightweight, go-anywhere extra top.
- There is nothing better than a soft cardigan for at-home lounging.
- Neutral basics take on a bright outlook when accessorised with a fresh and colourful cardigan.
- Cardigans are the perfect layering pieces to pop over a summer dress once the sun sets and can even be slipped over swimwear to keep you warm in the shade.
The most wearable item to add to your wardrobe, you’ll love the easy-breezy appeal of Grae cardigans online and at your nearest Suzanne Grae store today!
DIFFERENT TYPES OF CARDIGANS WHICH ARE CURRENTLY TRENDING
Stay warm and on-trend with the latest cardis to keep the cold away. While knitwear made from merino and cashmere are top picks for natural fibre cardigans, we’re loving polyester cardigans that are just as warm and soft to keep you toasty at a fraction of the price!
Discover our longline coatigans that fall just above the knee or choose a longline cardigan with a hood for a dressier version of the humble hoodie. We have cute cable knit cardigans to layer over blouses and sweatshirts as well as short button up cardigans to accessorise with scarves and boots. Our v-neck cardigans pair nicely with v-neck t-shirts while crew neck tops provide a little pop of colour or pattern above the neckline.
On the coldest days, layer like a pro with a shirt and vest slipped under a cardigan for ultimate warmth.
COLOURS AND STYLES TO LOOK OUT FOR!
We’ve got all of the colours and styles you’ll need to brave the cold in style this season with our new in cardigans. Put together minimalist outfits with neutral cardigans in cream, natural and black that layer effortlessly over neutral sweaters and jumpers with black activewear tights, leggings and jeans.
Print cardis are fun, from animal print to stripes, and can elevate any plain outfit while a cosy longline cardigan in a pastel shade is just the thing to unwind at home in when teamed with loungewear or even slipped over sleepwear as a dressing gown alternative.
Black cardigans work wonderfully as the last layering piece to a going out ensemble. Layer them over bodysuits with jeans or midi dresses and accessorise with jewellery, heels and a bag.
Shop our Grae new arrivals today with inclusive sizes that range from petite to plus size for maximum accessibility. Fill up your wishlist with dream pieces or checkout with wallet-friendly options like Afterpay and free delivery over $80 AUD in Australia and $100 NZD in New Zealand.
Got a special occasion coming up? Give the gift of a cuddly cardigan to a loved one with our Grae gift cards that can be spent in any store!
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A CARDIGAN AND A SWEATER?
Cardigans and sweaters are both beloved winter wardrobe staples that get put on high rotation every year. The difference between them is that a cardigan is open at the front while a sweater is basically a jumper that you slip on over the head. Cardigans can be longline or short, with collars or without and can have buttons or no buttons.
WHAT IS THE MOST POPULAR COLOUR OF WOMEN’S CARDIGANS?
Freshen up your wardrobe with the latest seasonal colours we’re loving at Suzanne Grae! From neutrals to soft pastels, you can find cardigans in:
- Grey marle
- Dark green
- Pale lime