Knowing how to style different bottoms means leisure outfits can look put together and still be as comfy as your PJs.
For a monochromatic sporty look, wear the same colour (or different shades of the same hue) in your pants or shorts and in your tops. Team light grey shorts with a basic tee in a darker shade like charcoal. Or, pair a black pant with a black top or a matching stripe tee.
Choose a leisure top in the same fabric and colour as your leisure pants or joggers, and tuck it into the waist to create an instant, on-trend ‘jumpsuit’. Or throw out the colour rulebook, and mix and match leisure bottoms with leisure tops, jumpers and jackets in any shade you fancy.
To elevate your look, here’s what to add to your new leisure bottoms:
- To a print pant, a plain colour shirt or linen top
- To grey shorts, a stripe shirt worn tied at the waist and a denim jacket
- To joggers, a print top, half-tucked in the front; or a plain tee with a shacket
- To grey pants, a plain or stripe tee with a longline cardigan
- To a velour jogger, a basic tee with a blazer – pull up the cuffs on the bottom if you like
- To any leisure bottom, a blue denim jacket or shacket for effortless layering
With so many comfy fabrics to choose from, leisure wear suits all seasons. But, when the temperature drops, the best cozy pants are fleece joggers – pair them with fleece vests or jackets to stay extra snug.
How to take care of your leisure bottoms:
- Always read the care label on the inside of the garment first.
- Wash with similar colours.
- Use a mild detergent.
- To keep fleece soft, avoid using fabric softeners.
- Dry flat on a drying rack – keep brighter colours in the shade to prevent fading.