The Flattering Fit of Ankle Length Pants
Grae women’s pants collection goes to great lengths to make sure you’re wearing the pants just how you like them. From full length pants to crop pants and ankle length pants, our women’s pants in sizes 6 to 24 have got you covered.
What are ankle length pants?
Ankle length pants like to flaunt our ankles in a variety of fitted, relaxed and wide leg styles. They include casual jogger pants and leisurewear pants, ankle length wide leg pants and smart pants with cuffs.
Ladies ankle length pants help us feel fresh, cool and confident in extended sizes designed with flattering fits and lengths in mind. They reach a midway point between crop pants and full length pants, which is right around the upper ankles.
How do you style ankle length pants?
It’s so easy to style ankle length pants with any shoes in your wardrobe, which is good because ankle length pants are the perfect way to show off your favourite shoes! Easy style tips include:
- Boots, flat shoes, heels, sandals and sneakers in black or neutral tones step out with all your ankle length black pants. Style black ankle length pants with tees and denim jackets for an effortless, casual look.
- Women’s casual pants such as easy care jogger ponte pants are best worn with a nice pair of sneakers or slides and Grae Basics tees with hoodie jackets in chilly weather.
- Black ankle length pants in stretch fabrics or classic straight leg designs are the bottoms to partner just about any top and shoes in your wardrobe. Pair with smart casual shirts and tops, linen shirts, leisurewear tops and a variety of jackets to get valuable repeat-wear from your black ankle length pants.
- Watch your ankle length casual pants transform to dressy when you step out in smart tops, bold heels with matching bags, and your favourite jewellery.
- For a relaxed smart casual look based on cosy comfort, pair any ankle length pants with seasonal knitwear including the latest jumpers, vests and cardigans.
Are ankle length pants professional?
When power-dressing for a professional look, ankle length pants step up their game. Tailored and fitted ankle length pants rely on a statement shoe or heels along with women’s blouses and blazers. Elegant jewellery and coordinated leather tote bags finish a poised, professional look.
What is the difference between ankle length pants and crop pants?
Ankle length pants and crop pants are repeat-wear wardrobe items for every body in sizes 6 to 24, sharing similar design features such as:
- Fitted pants in stretch fabrics
- Classic pants in textured fabrics
- Wide leg pants
- Leisure pants
- Elastic waists and tie waists
- Side pockets
There are many similarities spanning casual to smart casual styles in ankle length and crop pants, but the core difference is the leg length.
Grae women’s ankle length pants typically feature inner leg lengths of between 65cm and 67cms, also referred to as ⅞ lengths. Crop pant lengths start below the knee and draw the line at the lower calf. Inner leg measurements for crop pants vary between 54cm to 60.5cm.
How long should ankle length pants be?
Both classic straight leg and fitted stretch styles as well as ankle length casual pants can loiter anywhere from mid to lower calf extending to finish just above the ankle bone.
If you prefer your pants to finish just below the knee, you’re probably a fan of crop pants. If you like to cover the ankle bone, you’re a full length pants kind of woman.
Visit your nearest Suzanne Grae store today to see how ankle length pants in inclusive sizes can complete your women’s pants collection.